The Community Power Network (CPN) is a network of grass roots, local, state, and national organizations working to build, and promote locally based renewable energy projects and policies.
We are a resource and strategic partner to our diverse, nonpartisan membership that includes: private citizens, nonprofits, developers, contractors, consultants, financiers, and manufacturers of renewable energy. Although we are a collection of unique and independent organizations focused on implementing real projects on the ground we are connected by a shared vision.
- Develop and scale solar projects within communities,
- Pass solar policies that expand the local solar market, and
- Build a community of clean energy advocates that traverse traditional political fault lines.
All of us have a stake in a future where every community participates in the financial benefits of our energy grid’s ongoing diversification from big central plants and passive consumers to a wider mix of distributed production & renewable energy.
Our mission is threefold:
- Help people start their own community-based renewable energy projects by providing resources, technical assistance, case studies, and connections to other practitioners.
- Help local groups influence policy and build power by providing support for strategic planning, fundraising, list building, petitions, and other tools. We share success stories and connect people to experts.
- Create a network for existing community groups to connect, collaborate, and grow. In addition to providing up-to-date information on community-based renewable energy, we also offer a set of tools and resources for CPN partners to use.
We are proud to receive support from numerous individuals and foundations. We thank them for their generous support.