Called, Solar Citizen, the initiative is a series of bi-weekly email newsletters that feature “News You Can Use” and “Tools for Action,” so readers can learn about renewable energy issues, projects, and campaigns and immediately take action.
The goal of Solar Citizen is to build a national network that will support state and local projects and reform efforts. We want to connect advocates to other citizens fighting for renewable energy in their communities.
We are working to highlight many of Community Power Network member’s work through this effort. We have already featured the work of CPN members: PAREI, New Vision Renewable Energy, VA-SUN, and the Arkansas Renewable Energy Association.
We hope that Solar Citizen will help connect renewable energy advocates across the US and strengthen all of our efforts by building an educated army of renewable energy activists.
A few issues have already gone out. You can view them on the ASES website, and sign up to receive future issues:
- Tools for Action: Understanding your state’s solar market
- Solar Soft Costs: How does your town compare?
- Solar PPAs: Everyone deserves the right to go solar!
- Do-It-Yourself Solar
Our goal is that the Solar Citizen can help support and strengthen your work.
- We would love to hear from you if you have ideas for issues or projects to highlight.
- Also, we would like to ask each and every one of you to let your membership know about Solar Citizen by sending a blurb and a link inviting them to sign up. We need your help to succeed!
Lets us know if you would like to partner on an issue and be featured in the content. We are looking forward to your support and feedback on this project.